Port your Existing Number to Page Plus (for New Customers)
Port Fee: $9.00
What's included: If you have an existing phone number that you would like to port over to Page Plus, then you are at the right place. All new "Port Requests" include a free $2.00 credit balance, which can be used for 16 voice minutes (or 13 texts). If you just want to activate new service (and have us assign you a new phone number), please refer to our New Service Activation Instructions. Or, if you already have Page Plus Service and just want to change your phone (i.e., going from an LG VX3300 to a Motorola RAZR V3c) please visit our Change your Phone page.
What's NOT included: A phone is NOT included. If you don't already have a phone that you can use on the PagePlus Network (see our compatible phone list), you may want to consider getting a phone through E-bay via Mr. Rebates. By joining Mr. Rebates first, you will automatically receive a $5 rebate just for opening a Mr Rebates account (it's free!) plus a 1% discount for all your Best Buy, New Egg or Buy.com purchases (and discounts at over 1,000 other stores as well).
The following phones can be activated on the Page Plus Network:
1. - Most Verizon branded Phones will work for voice & text - but data is not guaranteed to work, especially on feature phones. The data will work for most 3G Droid phones.
2. - Most Verizon Blackberry phones will work for voice and text - but NOT DATA.
3. - Most Alltel branded phones will work for voice and text - but NOT DATA.
The following phones CANNOT be activated on the Page Plus Network:
1. Verizon Prepaid Phones (usually purchased at Wal-Mart or Target) - NOT Allowed!
2. Verizon Thunderbolt and other 4G Phones - NOT Compatible unless FLASHED!
3. Phones from other carriers - NOT Compatible!
4. Phones reported as lost, stolen, or non-pay - NOT Allowed!
Wherever you decide to purchase your cell phone, just be sure it is not on the fraud / frozen list (phones that phave been reported to Verizon as lost or stolen will end up on this list). If you are in doubt, you can use our ESN/MEID Compatibility and Fraud Check Service.
All port requests are processed 7 days a week during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST (Holidays included). Most port requests are completed within 1 to 3 hours, while other require more attention, and therefore, do take longer (48 hours or more in some extreme cases).
Your port request will be processed after checkout through . The fee is REFUNDABLE if your port is UNSUCCESSFUL. A successful port depends upon a variety of factors:
1. The passcode, account number, account holder's name, etc. must match exactly what your current carrier has on file.
2. All past due balances should be paid before you even attempt to port your mobile number (this does not apply to contract customers that are up-to-date with their payments).
3. Your phone number should still be ACTIVE with your current carrier. Please do not cancel your service! If your phone is not active, the port will not go through.
4. Remember, you are responsible for any early termination fees your current carrier may charge.
5. Porting will cancel the account you are porting from.
When your port request is complete, you will receive an e-mail containing activation instructions.
*Your phone's ESN/MEID can usually be found on the back of the phone AFTER you remove the battery (it will NOT be on the battery!). Please do NOT get the number from the box - it could be different from what is on your phone! It may be under or above the barcodes. It is not the pESN, FCC ID or the S/N. It may be labeled as DEC or HEX. It can also be found in the phone info menu on your phone. The ESN is either an 11-digit number, or an 8-digit number and letter combination. If it is an MEID, it will be a 14-digit number and letter combination usually starting with A00000 or A100000 (but it could be just a long string of numbers). Enter just the ESN / MEID above, WITHOUT the "DEC" or "HEX" preface.